- Date: Saturday Dec 11th
- Time: 1:00-2:00 pm
- Location: Civitan parking lot along South Street to George Street and up George Street to Maple Grove Public School.
- Theme: “Celebrating” Christmas
- Lanark Highlands Food Pantry will be accepting donations along the parade route.
- Float registration and assembly in Civitan parking lot from 11 am to 1 pm
- Health Unit Guidance re COVID considerations:
Guidance for Holiday Parades
The holiday season is quickly approaching and many of you may be considering bringing back traditional parades that we are used to seeing this time of year. The following guidance is being provided to assist you in planning a “COVID safe” event. The pandemic situation is fluid, and while we have achieved high vaccination rates, a spike in cases may require the province to take a step back and some activities may be scaled back or temporarily suspended, so it is important to also have a contingency plan in place.
The following requirements must be incorporated into your parade plans:
• Record the contact information of everyone participating in the parade, keep the information for one month and provide it to the Medical Officer of Health or a public health inspector upon request.
• Parade participants must actively screen for symptoms of COVID-19 before attending the parade, they can use the screening tool Coronavirus (COVID-19) self-assessment (ontario.ca).
• Participants must physically distance from the spectators of the parade while walking.
• Candy and other treats are not to be handed out to spectators.
• Physical distance is strongly encouraged however when physical distance cannot be maintained participants must wear a mask. • If there is more than one person in a vehicle driving a float masks must be worn unless, those people are from the same household.
• Eliminate the extra activities that may cause a larger gathering on the street i.e hot chocolate, hot dogs and bon fires. • Extend the length of the route to help spread the spectators out to avoid gatherings.
• Advertisements for the parade should encourage spectators to screen for COVID-19 symptoms and only attend if they are well.
• Encourage those who are attending the parade as a spectator to wear a face mask if not with members of their own household
- The backup plan would be something similar to last year where we would tour just the Santa Float around the Village.
- As usual, we will judge the floats/entries in the parade in three categories – Theme, Commercial and Non-Commercial. These are typically recognized with their picture in the Lanark Era and a Certificate that they can post.
- Note: We will not have the traditional visit with Santa opportunity at MGPS because of the COVID rules.